To provide administrative and communicative support to Membership Governance, Membership Governance Co-ordinator and MG Manager. The objective is to provide efficient and reliable service to our members and other organisations with whom we have contact, efficient and timely responses to queries and a high standard of customer care.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
1) Support for Membership Governance,
a) Provide a day to day personal and confidential and administrative support for Membership Governance and to assist it in discharging their duties effectively.
b) Retrieve files from storage or from our offices, organise and send/retrieve these to and from the MG Assessors offices/homes.
c) Check, prioritise and co-ordinate administrative correspondence working with the MG Co-ordinator to ensure member’s receive accurate information.
d) Organise and arrange appointments and meetings for the MG Team.
e) Liaise with relevant Committees and Heads’ of Department on MG Team’s behalf and receive internal enquiries from other senior managers and medicolegal advisers/consultants/agents. Provide a full telephone ‘buffer’ service.
f) Complete monthly expense forms.
g) To assist in maintaining the MG database (Governance system) and all ancillary systems.
1) Administrative Support
Maintain and update filing system. Deal promptly and effectively with any enquiries coming in to the MG Office.
Order from storage files, organise their delivery to and retrieval from MG Assessors’ homes. Be responsible of ensuring there is appropriate smooth running of the workload for the MG Assessors. Work with guidance from MG Manager or MG Co-ordinator.
2) MG Procedures
• Ensure that all MG administration work complies with the written procedures and guidance from the Head and Manager of Membership Governance.
• Ensure that MG databases and spreadsheets are properly maintained.
• Participate in quality control processes to ensure MG electronic and paper files are accurate.
3) Additional Duties
• Organise itineraries / lecture programmes when necessary.
• Establish and maintain databases of requests for advice from internal and external sources, setting and managing response turnaround times.
• The post holder may be involved in assisting projects allied to the HoMG’s duties.
TYPICAL TASKS & PROBLEMS -
The secretary to the HoMG/MGC assists in ensuring that organisations and individual members dealing with the MG department receive a first class service when they correspond, telephone or attend the office in person.
It is important that the post holder remains calm, courteous and tactful at all times, passes on promptly and clearly all messages to the HoMG/MGC and ensures that the necessary action is taken and followed through. It is essential to ensure that the HoMG is not constantly being interrupted and that the postholder deals with as much as possible.
The HoMG is required to be out of the office and in meetings and therefore support is vital to manage his diary and to communicate with a number of external bodies tactfully.
There will be plenty of opportunity to demonstrate initiative and flair.
• Organisational skills
• Ability to handle routine and non-routine tasks equally well
• Good knowledge of Microsoft software
• Ability to work to high standards in a quality environment
• Good knowledge of general office procedures/equipment
• A good knowledge of the English language
• Tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to compose own letters of response when necessary
• Ability to communicate with other departments and to understand the part their work takes within MPS
DECISION MAKING -
The jobholder must be able to prioritise and organise workload in the MG Team.
The jobholder must ensure that any unresolved matters or enquiries are discussed with the MG manager and attended to promptly.
In the HoMG’s absence the jobholder must ensure that urgent matters are dealt with either by the jobholder or by the most appropriate person.
ESSENTIAL PEOPLE SKILLS :
Essential Skills – Accurate data handling
Good communication skills
Able to handle confidential information sensitively
Desirable Skills – Some experience of data review/analysis
Essential Knowledge : Keyboard skills and accurate data input
IT skills – able to use Microsoft package – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Desirable Knowledge – Medical and dental terminology
Legal system and terminology
Attitudes – Demonstrate high standard of attention to detail